How do I place an order?
• Please phone or email. We do not have a shopping cart for website purchases at this time.
• For folks who use eBay, any item can be listed there, if it isn't already.
To go directly to our eBay store, click here (a new window will open so you won't leave this site).
What methods of payment do you accept?
• Cash (of course).
• Cheques - CAD or USD personal cheques, please make them out to "The Crystal Connection".
• Money orders - if you are sending one from the U. S., please confirm that they are negotiable in Canada.
It should have " International Money Order" printed on it.
• Interac e-Transfer is an option for our customers in Canada. Find out more on the Interac website.
Your bank's website should have the information, as well.
• PayPal - which includes debit.
• Credit cards - all major credit cards like VISA and MasterCard.
Processed through PayPal - no PayPal account requred.
Do you ship Internationally?
• We certainly do! The U.S. and U.K. are regular shipping destinations, please contact us if you would like information about shipping to any other International destination.
Can I pick up my order?
• Yes, we are happy to set up an appointment and in some cases delivery can even be arranged.
What if I order something and it gets lost or broken in shipping?
• Canada Post insures for loss (we make the claim) and we have in-house insurance in the unlikely event something gets broken.
(That is why it takes us so long to pack an order!)
Are the items new?
• For the most part they are not. Sometimes we do get items that still have their original labels. All items are examined very carefully for condition before being listed on the website. Any noticeable flaws are noted and the items discounted. No chips or dishwasher film/etch.
Can I get an email list of available items?
• Yes, we will be happy to send out a list.
How do I identify my crystal stemware pattern?
• The first thing to do is to see if it is signed. Turn the glass over and, in strong light, see if there is a signature or mark. A magnifying glass really helps. Then you can check our Identification page to see if the pattern is pictured there.
• Or, just send us a clear picture of your glass taken from the side like this, and one taken from inside like this and let us know if there is a signature or not. Any notes about where it came from, the store, approximate year purchased, etc will help. We will do our best to identify it for you.
What if I see my pattern, but you don't have any in stock?
• We do maintain a registry and will be happy to keep your request on file for future notification.
What if I don't see my pattern listed?
• If you would like to send us the name and manufacturer (if known) with a picture we will be happy to add it to our reference library.
Also, it is possible that we have not yet had it in stock and can add your request to the registry.
How does the registry work?
• If you are looking for particular items please feel free to send us an email:
"Searching for red wines (or anything) in the Lismore pattern by Waterford".
That way if we come across this pattern (and particularly red wines) we can let you know.
If we don't know that someone is searching for a particular pattern we may not bring it in to stock and it won't appear on the website.
No obligation! We realize things change.
And your information is never sold, it is only used to contact you in the event we find your pattern.
An email address and phone number is best, but one or the other is fine, too.
Do you buy crystal?
• Yes we do. Please send a list of available items and we will be happy to let you know if we are able to make an offer.
We are unable to buy any items with dishwasher etch or chips (unless the chips are very minor and can be repaired easily).
Do have suggestions for ways to sell or otherwise disperse my crystal?
• Yes, there are many options now, these are just some ideas:
Antique stores or malls in your area may purchase or consign.
If you have an auction house in your area, that is an option.
• Gifts to family and friends:
Sometimes if the immediate family is not interested, nieces and nephews may be appreciative of a few chosen pieces.
Friends and neighbours.
The Salvation Army
Church - for rummage sales
Thrift stores in your area may contribute to a cause that you would like to support.
Do you do appraisals?
• No, sorry, we don't, but we do keep in contact with folks who may be able to help in that regard.
Please feel free to contact us if your question is not answered here!
Please phone: (New number coming soon)
Or email: email@example.com
The Crystal Connection is located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hours 9 - 5 (MST) Monday to Friday, and Saturday 9 - 3
Visits by appointment
Closed Sundays and holidays